ISO 27001 is acknowledged to be the “de facto” standard for information security. TUV AUSTRIA Group offers accredited audit and certification services of high value based on the requirements of the ISO 27001.
An ISMS (Information Security Management System) that has been constructed according to the requirements of ISO 27001, can be applied by any organization irrespective of its size, industry, or information. It can be applied by any organization that wishes to create an organized way through which the holistic management of the security of the information can be achieved.
Some of the advantages of the implementation and certification of an Information Security Management System according to ISO 27001 are:
- The organization, even during the design phase, acquires knowledge regarding the risks that it faces relating to information security
- The organization, as a direct result of the knowledge of the risks to information security, makes an informed decision regarding the acceptable level of risk and the measures that it will implement in order to achieve it.
- The organization receives an independent expert opinion regarding the adequacy and compliance of the system
- Through the certificate, objective proof of the commitment of the organization for the management of information security is given
- The certificate ISO 27001 has international recognition and value.